A Race Night is one of the most effective ways to raise money for your favourite charity or good cause. Even deducting the operators fee, a well run Racenight with 100 people at it should raise £1,000.
Goodtimes Entertainments Ltd is Edinburgh’s number one race night provider and probably Scotland’s most well known racenight supplier of racenights. When you book a race night with Goodtimes Entertainments Ltd you are confident that you are booking with a professional company which will help you raise the maximum amount possible for your cause. We supply everything to run your race night and our djs will make sure your event runs smoothly throughout the event.
- We will work out all your payouts
- We supply your tote tickets
- We supply the projector & screen
- We supply the PA system
- We will do your auction race for you to get the maximum amount for each horse on the night for your cause.
- With our experience and expertise throughout the years we think we have got our race nights just perfect.
Add a disco to finish your event off and our dj will make your night finish on a high, and everyone will be talking about your fundraiser and helping to raise awareness of your charity/cause
As the vast majority of our bookings come from referrals by satisfied customers we always make sure we put 110% into making your night a success as this will lead to more booking for Goodtimes.
From the moment you have booked your race night with Goodtimes, we send written confirmation and can be contacted by email or phone at any time to answer any questions you may have, and rest assured you have booked with a company that has more than 25 years experience and are number one for racenights in Edinburgh.
We cover most of Scotland with our racenights with our djs located in Edinburgh, Wishaw, Hamilton, Dundee & Kirkcaldy. All our equipment is PAT tested and we hold public liability insurance.
Our professional Racenight include:
- Projection system
- Suitable screen for crowd or venue size-
- A full P.A system and background music for the duration of the race night
- Professional Presenter who will help you organise everything on the night and also do the auction race to maximise the return for each horse
- Set of tote tickets(50 tickets per horse per race)
- Poster to advertise event
- Blank racecard
- All races
LAW PERTAINING TO RACENIGHTS
This is taken from the Department for Media & Sports Factsheet Pertaining to racenights
Definition of a Race night.
Race nights are events in which participants stake money on the outcome of recorded races and where the selection is totally dependent on chance and where no “odds” or “form” are available to assist the selection. Proceeds go to the purpose of the organisation or a charitable porpose but are not for private gain or commercial purposes.
How to run a race night.
It is usual to run a race night as an amusement with prizes under section 15 of the Lotteries and Amusement act 1976,
The race night must not be the sole attraction and must be part of an exempt entertainment such as bazaar,sales of work,fete,dinner dance,sporting events or similar gatherings.
There are certain conditions set out in section 15, which must be observed when promoting and conducting a race night as an ‘amusement with prizes at an exempt entertainment !
These listed below.
- The race night must not be the only,or substantial,inducements to persons to attend the entertainment.
- The whole proceeds of the entertainment, after deducting the expenses of the entertainment,must be devoted to purposes other than private gain.
- The hire of any machinery to run the race can be defrayed from the proceeds but not if it is made in some way dependent on the extent to which the equipment is used.For instance profit sharing arrangements between equipment manufactures, hirers and promoters would not be allowed.
For more information go to www.culture.gov.uk